Monday, September 21, 2009

Quality not quantity is the name for the day!

With a southerly wind today I had hopes of having a few birds being blown back up along the lake. However, that did not happen at the Navarre migration station. Twenty new banded birds and 5 recaptures were in the bag for the day. Here are pictures of the highlights. They are much worth my time. What do you think? Highlight #1-take a look!


A nice looking female Connecticut Warbler! I believe we caught one of these because Sam Woods left the states today! He is still in search of this Bird! How about a quiz bird for the second highlight? It is not a tough one. Look at the beautiful rusty wings and its long tail
.
And here is the whole bird.

Maybe on Friday we may see the wind come from the northwest so I will keep my fingers crossed. Enjoy the last day of Summer! As a special treat I like the photo of the head of the Yellow-billed Cuckoo!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment