Date: Sunday, October 4, 2015
Pictured: Brown Creeper
- Number of Recaptures: 59
- Number of Species Banded: 22 (+6 recap only)
- Top Five Species Banded: Blackpoll Warbler 19 (+25 recap), Swainson’s Thrush 12 (+10 recap), Ruby-crowned Kinglet 12 (+1 recap), White-throated Sparrow 8, and Golden-crowned Kinglet 5 (+2 recap).
- Total Number of Species on Point Count: 23
- Total Number of Species Recorded: 60
- Total Number of Warbler Species Recorded: 11 (26 plus Brewster’s for fall)
- Total Number of Hours Station Operated: 5.75
Highlights: Northern Parula. Brown Creeper, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Swamp Sparrow, Blue-headed Vireo, and sightings of Rusty Blackbird, Pine Siskin, and Slate-colored Junco.
Notes: Wind has finally let up a little, resulting in a lot more bird movement. Still heavy stopover with the unfavorable easterly winds. Season's first Northern Parula was a nice sighting.
Weather: Winds Southeast. Temperature in the 60s.